Some six years after it was first released, the enduringly popular Counter-Strike: Source is getting another update from Valve.
According to the post on Steam, the new update will add in 144 achievements, lifetime player stats, a domination and revenge system and a cinematic death camera. It will also incorporate “many source engine updates.”
Here’s a complete list of the updates:
- 144 achievements added
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
- Incorporated many source engine updates
Originally released in 2004, Counter-Strike: Source is a remake of the original game that incorporates Valve’s Source engine. The original game began life as a Half-Life mod.
The update is currently in beta, after which it will be distributed free to all Counter-Strike: Source owners via Steam. Expect to see it soon.
This is the time to dust off the old CS:s game in the Steam library. I’ll be hoping in for a quick head-shot fix every so often I think!